I just read through ETERNAL KISS, the second novella in my Sullivan Vampires series, in preparation for the release of my sixth one, ETERNAL GAME (I want to make sure I’ve woven every little thing into the new novella). These are my thoughts and feelings on ETERNAL KISS. Again, SPOILERS AHOY! ♥
– Ha! Right out of the gate, I noticed something that made me laugh for five minutes straight.
– I LOVE BRANNA. I’m just going to put that out there. 🙂 When I first came up with the Sullivans, a very long time ago now, I knew that Kane was going to have such a hard life, and such a hard story…and I knew she had to have something nice in that life. So, originally, I created Branna to be that something nice, a friend Kane could count on through thick and thin…and she evolved on her own to be the super warm, comforting, funny vampire that she is. 🙂 ♥
– I’ve always been hyper-aware that it seems like I’m advocating smoking in the Sullivan books… Sexy vampires holding cigarettes in sexy hands! Oh, my goodness… *laughing* I really DID go there! Personally, I’ve never smoked, but I’ve had a lot of friends who have, and I’ve always been of the opinion o “to each their own.” I trust that everyone’s going to do the best they can for themselves. That being said, the Sullivans are vampires and can’t really be hurt by the cigarettes… So take that as you like. 😉
– Okay, you guys know that I love Kane. But I have SUCH a thing for Tommie. Tommie worrying about Rose, coming up to her room to check on her, to bring her downstairs for pizza…it’s so damn sweet, and sets my heart fluttering. ♥ She’s such a tough lady, but she has such a softness where Rose is concerned. It makes me melt. 🙂
– When Kane says “I’ll keep you safe,” it slays me in a thousand ways. She is so damn earnest, and so incredibly furious at Mags for having hurt Rose…and then she says that, her fingers curled at the collar of the suit jacket she JUST draped around Rose’s shoulders…I mean, really. I think that’s one of the most romantic scenes I’ve ever written, hands down. ♥
– Rose and Kane are kissing, it’s all awesome…and then Melody appears. Because I am such a mean author! :O Oh, my goodness…poor Rose! Poor Kane! Seriously, POOR KANE!
– I name every novella for an important part in it, and–I think–the overarching theme of the novella. ETERNAL HOTEL is obvious. ETERNAL KISS is for the kiss of death Mags MIGHT have given Rose…and the kiss of life Kane gave Rose to bring her back to life. And, you know, the super hot kiss they share at the end. 🙂 ♥